Sunday, February 25, 2024 9:52 AM Local Time (about 1 hour and 0 minute ago)
It's time for Day 2 of the Cherokee Main Event! Out of a field of 1,659, there are 170 players returning to battle in what is the largest and arguably most prestigious WSOP circuit event of the entire circuit series.
Tyler Barnes heads the Day 2 leaders as he stands with 1,373,000 which he gathered late on Day 1C.
Just behind him is Chris Meyers with 1,219,000 and Joseph Lebrun is the only other player to start the day with more than a million as he has 1,005,000.
Two-time WSOP bracelet and ring winner Michael Wang appears in 4th place in the counts to start the day with 970,000.
A glance down the counts reveals other notables who are coming back for Day 2;
- Pompano Beach October Main Event champion Morgan Petro is 8th in chips with 872,000.
- Cherokee regular Dale Roesel is 13th as he looks to make yet another deep run in the Cherokee main event.
- Marshall White, Leif Force and Jeremy Eyer all are in the end of the top 30 chip counts.
- 15-time ring winner Maurice Hawkins is 41st in chips as he has extra motivation to strive for another ring with his circuit ring winner rivals added more to their haul this week.
- NFL Hall of Famer Richard Seymour is 59th in chips.
- Preston McEwe, recent Pompano Beach main event champ Hamid Izadi, Roland Israelashvilli and Adam Hendrix all return to Day 2 in the lower half of the chip counts looking to make an upward move.
Keep things locked here on PokerOrg Instant today as we will be bringing you all the action from what will will be a hugely exciting Day 2 in Cherokee!