The Pot Got Bigger – WSOP.com’s $15 Million Summer is Coming
Interstate Compact Takes Effect May 1st
Tying Delaware-Nevada-New Jersey Poker Platforms
New ‘Poker Rewards’ Loyalty Program Promises Up to 32% Rake Back
LAS VEGAS (April 23, 2018) – Shared Liquidity is near – the pooling of players from all U.S. states offering online poker – starts May 1, 2018 when WSOP.com, the World Series of Poker’s digital poker platform, begins operating a combined service for players in Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey.
Starting tomorrow (April 24), players will be able to pre-register for an account. We strongly encourage those keen on getting a specific username, to pre-register. Nevada players who successfully pre-register are entered into a drawing for a $10,000 WSOP Main Event seat, plus will automatically see their bankroll balance, tournament tickets and loyalty points transfer over. Players can be anywhere in the world to pre-register/register for an account. Play remains limited to those inside the borders of Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey. We encourage all interested players to sign up ahead of time.
Once all three states are linked together on May 1, players will notice plenty to get excited about, including:
- $15,000,000 worth of guarantees – From May through September, in WSOP.com’s biggest summer ever.
- $100,000 Sunday Tournaments – The $320 buy-in at 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT will be the largest weekly online poker tournament guarantee in the U.S., giving players a weekly go-to event to play.
- $250,000 Sunday Guarantees – Sunday features a plethora of tournaments combined to guarantee $250,000.
- Daily minimum $10,000 Guarantees – Each evening a poker tournament will be offered featuring at least a $10,000 guaranteed prize pool, with some up to $25,000 and even a $50,000 offering each month.
- Daily Freerolls into the $100k Weekly – Daily freeroll to win your seat in the weekly Sunday $100,000.
- Online Bracelet Freerolls – From May 1-14, enter the daily freeroll to win your seat into WSOP Event#10.
- 24/7 WSOP Satellites – From May 1 to July 13, players can win their way to the live WSOP in Las Vegas by participating in the myriad of satellite offerings.
- Blast Poker for All – Nevada and Delaware players get the ultimate Sit & Go experience, with the opportunity to play for a prize pool of up to 10,000 times original buy-in. Details here.
“We can’t wait for our existing players and hopefully a host of first-time players to experience the new WSOP.com,” said WSOP.com’s Head of Online Poker Bill Rini. “With the advent of tri-state shared liquidity, we have completely revamped our tournament schedules, our cash games offerings, our loyalty program and our promotional calendar to deliver the best online poker experience in this new world order.”
The combining of players will allow customers in all three states to play against each other for the very first time, allowing for better game selection, larger prize pools, wider time zone coverage and expanded tournament offerings. WSOP.com utilizes GeoComply and their dynamic geolocation technology for compliance across the tri-state pool.
(Poker is a peer-to-peer game, and not a house-backed game, relying on an abundance of players to get meaningful poker games going. The term “shared-liquidity” is industry vernacular describing the method of previously segregated poker platforms combining to allow those previously segregated players access to the same shared pool).
For the first time ever, New Jersey poker players will be able to enter the official online WSOP gold bracelet events, alongside those participants in Nevada. The official online WSOP gold bracelet schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, June 3 – 3:30pm PT – $365 No-Limit Hold’em (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 10
- Friday, June 22 – 3:30pm PT -- $565 6-Handed Pot-Limit Omaha (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 47
- Friday, June 29 – 3:30pm PT -- $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 61
- Saturday, June 30 – 3:30pm PT -- $3,200 High Roller No-Limit Hold’em; unlimited re-entry; 1 day Event 63
With all the positive changes in store, WSOP.com has also decided to improve its loyalty program, allowing Nevada and New Jersey players the opportunity to be part of the same club. The new and enhanced loyalty club will be called “Poker Rewards” and will allow players to achieve an industry best -- up to a 32% rake back based on their participation. As a result of these changes, Total Rewards levels will be removed from Poker Rewards as to not confuse with offline Diamond and above levels.
An overview of the new Poker Rewards is as follows:
- Player (Monthly) – 0-199 APP’s ($0-$99 in rake) = 0% rake back
- Bronze (Monthly) – 200-749 APP’s ($100-$324 in rake) = 8% rake back
- Silver (Monthly) – 750-1,499 APP’s ($325-$749 in rake) = 20% rake back
- Elite (Monthly) – 1,500-19,999 APP’s ($750-$9,999 in rake) = 25% rake back
- Champions Club (Annual) – 20,000+ APP’s ($10,000+ in rake) = 32% rake back
The change will require existing and new players in Delaware and Nevada to register for a new account and download the new poker software. Existing players in New Jersey will be ready to play when shared liquidity goes live without the need to create a new account or pre-register, while new players must create an account. Plenty of benefits are in store for all WSOP.com account holders once the interstate compact goes into effect.
The Pot Got Bigger: A future announcement will detail WSOP.com’s planned summer schedule. The schedule of course will include the signature WSOP satellites, offering entrance into the most popular live poker events at the WSOP in Las Vegas. In addition, the 25 Seat Scramble returns July 1st, with 25 WSOP Main Event seats guaranteed to be won. In all, $15,000,000 in guaranteed events are on tap, all to players participating on WSOP.com.
*Promotions and tournaments subject to change. Players should refer to tournament lobby and promotions page for latest offerings.
Real-money online poker from the most trusted name in the game, the World Series of Poker. WSOP.com is licensed and regulated in Nevada and New Jersey, offering poker enthusiasts with both mobile and desktop for money poker tournaments, cash games, satellite events and freerolls. WSOP.com is owned by Caesars Interactive Entertainment (CIE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caesars Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.WSOP.com.
GeoComply is a global leader in geolocation technology. Since launching in 2011, GeoComply has quickly become the iGaming industry’s trusted solution for reliable, secure, and accurate geolocation services. GeoComply currently supports regulated online casino, poker, lottery, and DFS operators in 42 US states to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.