Harrah's Cherokee kicks off the WSOP Circuit after a long break, with 13 official gold rings up for grabs
Cherokee, NC (November 24, 2021) - After an 18-month hiatus, the World Series of Poker Circuit is back on the road beginning on November 25th, running through December 6th at Harrah's Cherokee.
The 12-day series has 13 official WSOP gold rings available to be won, with a massive $1 million guarantee in the $1,700 No-Limit Hold'em Main Event.
The opening tournament on Thursday, November 25th is the $400 No-Limit Hold'em Double Stack one-day event, which has a guaranteed prize pool of $25,000. This will be followed by Event #2: $400 No-Limit Hold'em Multi-Flight event with a huge guarantee worth $500,000 and unlimited re-entries. The first leg, Flight A, is on Friday, November 26th at 10:00 a.m., with the second one later that day at 4:00 p.m. and the final flight on Saturday, November 27th at 10:00 a.m. Day 2 will be on Sunday, November 28th at Noon local time.
Prize pools at Harrah's Cherokee will continue to be huge all series, as four events have a $100,000 guaranteed in each of them. Not to mention the $400 Monster Stack with $400,000 guaranteed with two starting flights on November 30th and December 1st - both at 10:00 a.m.
For those that enjoy mixed games, November 29th is Event #6: $600 Pot Limit Omaha with $50,000 guaranteed in the prize pool. This is a two-day event with unlimited re-entries.
Some players will surely be looking for some bigger buy-ins before the thrill of the Main Event, so there will be a two-day $3,200 Pot Limit Omaha High Roller on November 30th at 4:00 p.m. and a one-day $2,200 No-Limit Hold'em High Roller on December 1st at 4:00 p.m. These are both unofficial WSOP events.
The $1,700 No-Limit Hold'em Main Event kicks off with two starting flights on Friday, December 3rd and Saturday, December 4th at 11:00 a.m. There is $1 million guaranteed in this prize pool, with one re-entry available per flight for a total of four entries at the most. In December of 2019, Erik Gorman topped a field of 1,000 entries in the Main Event, taking home the biggest piece of the $1,515,000 prize pool and his first gold WSOP Circuit ring. If the return of live poker has been any indication of the health of the game, the $1 million guarantee is sure to get blown out of the water yet again at Harrah's Cherokee.
A new addition to the WSOP Circuit is the 'Tournament of Champions'. Each gold ring winner across the entire Circuit will qualify for the annual $1 million freeroll, giving all winners a shot at glory at the end of the season. There are currently 13 stops that have been announced, with more to come in the near future.
Here is a look at the full ring event schedule at Harrah's Cherokee:
- Event #1: $400 No-Limit Hold’em Double Stack $25K (Thursday, November 25, 4:00 p.m.)
- Event #2A: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $500K Flight A (Friday, November 26, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #2B: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $500K Flight B (Friday, November 26, 4:00 p.m.)
- Event #2C: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $500K Flight C (Saturday, November 27, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #3: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $100K (Saturday, November 27, 4:00 p.m.)
- Event #4: $600 No-Limit Hold’em $100K (Sunday, November 28, 3:00 p.m.)
- Event #5: $400 No-Limit Hold’em 6-Max $100K (Monday, November 29, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #6: $600 Pot Limit Omaha $50K (Monday, November 29, 3:00 p.m.)
- Event #7A: $400 No-Limit Hold’em Monster Stack $400K (Tuesday, November 30, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #7B: $400 No-Limit Hold’em Monster Stack $400K (Wednesday, December 1, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #8: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $50K (Thursday, December 2, 10:00 a.m.)
- Event #9: $1,100 No-Limit Hold’em $100K (Thursday, December 2, 3:00 p.m.)
- Event #10A: $1,700 MAIN EVENT $1M (Friday, December 3, 11:00 a.m.)
- Event #11: $400 No-Limit Hold'em (Friday, December 3, 4:00 p.m.)
- Event #10B: $1,700 MAIN EVENT $1M (Saturday, December 4, 11:00 a.m.)
- Event #12: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $75K (Saturday, December 4, 4:00 p.m.)
- Event #13: $400 No-Limit Hold’em $50K (Sunday, December 5, 2:00 p.m.)
There will also be two Seniors Events on November 28th and December 5th at 9:00 a.m. These are both one-day tournaments and are also unofficial WSOP events. In addition to these, there will also be nightlies, satellites into various events and a final deepstack event on December 6th at 11:00 a.m.
The full schedule along with structure sheets can be found here.