LAS VEGAS (May 1, 2018) – Shared Liquidity is here – the pooling of players from all U.S. states offering online poker – began today when WSOP.com, the World Series of Poker’s digital poker platform, began operating a combined service for players in Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey.
Players will now find a wider variety of game selection, both in cash games and tournaments, with larger prize pools. Additionally, players in New Jersey will get their first opportunity to play for WSOP gold bracelets from the comfort of their own home.
“It’s a monumental day for online poker in the United States,” said WSOP.com’s Head of Online Poker Bill Rini. “This is truly a game-changer for players and we hope is the model blueprint for additional states to join the fray.”
To celebrate the shared liquidity compact, WSOP.com has put together an exciting tournament series beginning May 11 to whet the appetite of players before the World Series of Poker officially gets underway.
Dubbed the “Coast to Coast Classic” the tournament series will feature more than $1,000,000 in guaranteed prize pools, including a U.S. regulated online poker cash record $200,001 guaranteed Main Event on Sunday, May 20.
The Coast to Coast Classic features 32 tournaments from May 11-20, with buy-ins ranging from $11 up to $1,000. Each tournament comes with a prize pool guarantee, ranging from $10,000 all the way up to $200,001. Typically three tournaments a day will be held, with a fourth added on Sundays (May 13 & May 20).
With players now located on both Eastern and Pacific time zones, it is important to be aware of the start times in each location. All tournaments in the Coast to Coast Classic begin at the top of the hour, usually at 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10pm Eastern. So for Nevada players, events will begin at 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7pm Pacific. The last day of the tournament series, May 20, features four events, including the big $500 buy-in, $200,001 guaranteed Main Event starting at 6pm ET/3pm PT.
As an added incentive, any participant that plays in three Coast to Coast Classic events receives a freeroll ticket into a 20 Seat Guarantee satellite for the $365 Online WSOP gold bracelet event, officially Event #10 on the 2018 WSOP summer schedule.
The combining of players allows customers in all three states to play against each other for the very first time, allowing for better game selection, larger prize pools, wider time zone coverage and expanded tournament offerings.
WSOP.com utilizes GeoComply and their dynamic geolocation technology for compliance across the tri-state pool. Play remains limited to those inside the borders of Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey. For those who did not previously register for a new account or did not pre-register, there is still a way to do join the action. Registration can be done via this link: http://www.wsop.com/ussl
Players will notice plenty to get excited about on the new WSOP.com, including:
- $15,000,000 worth of guarantees – From May through September, in WSOP.com’s biggest summer ever.
- $100,000 Sunday Tournaments – The $320 buy-in at 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT will be the largest weekly online poker tournament guarantee in the U.S., giving players a weekly go-to event to play.
- $250,000 Sunday Guarantees – Sunday features a plethora of tournaments combined to guarantee $250,000.
- Daily minimum $10,000 Guarantees – Each evening a poker tournament will be offered featuring at least a $10,000 guaranteed prize pool, with some up to $25,000 and even a $50,000 offering each month.
- Daily Freerolls into the $100k Weekly – Daily freeroll to win your seat in the weekly Sunday $100,000.
- Online Bracelet Freerolls – From May 1-14, enter the daily freeroll to win your seat into WSOP Event#10.
- 24/7 WSOP Satellites – From May 1 to July 13, players can win their way to the live WSOP in Las Vegas by participating in the myriad of satellite offerings.
- Blast Poker for All – Nevada and Delaware players get the ultimate Sit & Go experience, with the opportunity to play for a prize pool of up to 10,000 times original buy-in. Details here.
(Poker is a peer-to-peer game, and not a house-backed game, relying on an abundance of players to get meaningful poker games going. The term “shared-liquidity” is industry vernacular describing the method of previously segregated poker platforms combining to allow those previously segregated players access to the same shared pool).
For the first time ever, New Jersey poker players will be able to enter the official online WSOP gold bracelet events, alongside those participants in Nevada. The official online WSOP gold bracelet schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, June 3 – 3:30pm PT – $365 No-Limit Hold’em (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 10
- Friday, June 22 – 3:30pm PT -- $565 6-Handed Pot-Limit Omaha (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 47
- Friday, June 29 – 3:30pm PT -- $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em (unlimited re-entry; 1 day) – Event 61
- Saturday, June 30 – 3:30pm PT -- $3,200 High Roller No-Limit Hold’em; unlimited re-entry; 1 day Event 63
With all the positive changes in store, WSOP.com has also decided to improve its loyalty program, allowing Nevada and New Jersey players the opportunity to be part of the same club. The new and enhanced loyalty club will be called “Poker Rewards” and will allow players to achieve an incredible 32% rake back based on their participation. As a result of these changes, Total Rewards levels will be removed from Poker Rewards as to not confuse with offline Diamond and above levels.
An overview of the new Poker Rewards is as follows:
- Player (Monthly) – 0-199 APP’s ($0-$99 in rake) = 0% rake back
- Bronze (Monthly) – 200-749 APP’s ($100-$324 in rake) = 8% rake back
- Silver (Monthly) – 750-1,499 APP’s ($325-$749 in rake) = 20% rake back
- Elite (Monthly) – 1,500-19,999 APP’s ($750-$9,999 in rake) = 25% rake back
- Champions Club (Annual) – 20,000+ APP’s ($10,000+ in rake) = 32% rake back
*Promotions and tournaments subject to change. Players should refer to tournament lobby and promotions page for latest offerings.