Day 2 features the first final table of the series as well as the beginning of the re-entry event.
Elizabeth, Ind. (Oct. 2, 2015) -- It's Day 2 here in Southern Indiana and excitement is in the air for the start of the re-entry event. Flight A of Event #2 - $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry begins today at noon.
Here is a closer look at the re-entry tournament:
- Players begin with 10,000 chips
- Blinds begins at 25/50
- Flight A begins today at noon. Flight B begins tomorrow at noon.
- Players are allowed unlimited re-entry in both flights through the registration period.
- Registration remains open until the beginning of Level 9 (~4:20 p.m)
- Players may only advance one stack of chips to Day 2. Players are allowed to forfeit their Flight A chips at the end of the night if they wish to play in Flight B.
- Levels 1-12 are 30 minutes long, levels 13-21 are 40 minutes long and levels 22+ are 50 minutes long
Along side the start of this event will be the final table of Event #1 - $365 No-Limit Hold'em. Day 1 ended last night when the final table was reached. Charles Dawson returns for today's Day 2 with the chip lead. Here are the chip counts for the nine remaining players:
- Charles Dawson - 340,000 (56 BBs)
- Mink Meixell - 304,000 (50 BBs)
- William Horsman - 270,000 (45 BBs)
- James Hill - 186,000 (41 BBs)
- Thomas Knepp - 174,000 (39 BBs)
- Joseph Mattingly - 122,000 (20 BBs)
- Ketan Mehta - 112,000 (18 BBs)
- Charles Martin - 94,000 (15 BBs)
- Andrej Petryna - 69,000 (11 BBs)
- 36 minutes reamain in Level 19: 3,000/6,000 with a 1,000 ante
Updates from the final table as well as the start of the re-entry tournament can be found on WSOP.com.
Today's non-gold ring events include the 3 p.m. $200 Daily Turbo and the 7 p.m. Nightly No-Limit Hold'em Do not forget that these tournaments have additional seats added to their prize pools. One $1,675 Main Event seat is added to the turbo and one $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry seat is added to the Nightly.