Ring events include Monster Stack, $500K guarantee re-entry and $1MM guarantee Main Event.
Room rates start as low as $79.
Durant, Okla. (January 5, 2015) — Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant, Okla. hosts the first World Series of Poker Circuit stop of the new year beginning this Thursday, January 8. One of the tour’s premiere stops, the Dallas area property kicks off the 2015 portion of this season in style with 12 gold ring events including a one-of-kind Monster Stack tournament, a $500,000 guarantee re-entry event and a $1,000,000 guarantee Main Event.A play on this summer’s ultra-successful Monster Stack, Choctaw’s installment of the tournament features a $365 buy in and boasts a 20,000-chip starting stack — double that of standard $365 ring events. If its predecessor is any indication, the Monster Stack, which kicks off the Choctaw series, is likely to draw one of the largest fields of the 12-day festival and will reward its victor with a hefty first prize.Joining the Monster Stack as an opening-weekend headliner is the $365 re-entry event. This event features a $500,000 guarantee and four starting flights beginning Friday and Saturday at noon and 5 pm. Past similarly-structured tournaments have drawn fields of nearly 3,000 entries and seen the top two finishers each walk with six-figure prizes.While it’s the Monster Stack and re-entry events that kick the series off, all eyes will be on the $1,000,000 guarantee Main Event from the start. Historically one of the richest finales of the Circuit season, last year’s event drew 1,428 entries then making it the fourth-largest championship of the tour’s 10-year history. The eventual winner, Tyler Morris from Tyler, Tex, turned his $1,675 buy-in into better than $369,000 and a berth in the season-ending WSOP National Championship. Other past champions of the event include three-time ring winner Huy Nguyen (2011) and two-time ring winners Abe Araya (2012) and Jeff Fielder (2013).Here’s a look at each of Choctaw’s 12 ring events:
- $365 Monster Stack - January 8 - 12 pm
- $365 pot-limit Omaha - January 8 - 5 pm
- $365 re-entry Flight A ($500K guarantee) - January 9 - 12 pm
- $365 re-entry Flight B ($500K guarantee) - January 9 - 5 pm
- $365 re-entry Flight C ($500K guarantee) - January 10 - 12 pm
- $365 re-entry Flight D ($500K guarantee) - January 10 - 5 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em (one day) - January 11 - 12 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em - January 11 - 5 pm
- $365 six-handed - January 12 - 12 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em - January 12 - 5 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em - January 13 - 12 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em - January 13 - 5 pm
- $580 no-limit hold’em - January 14 - 12 pm
- $1,675 Main Event Flight A ($1,000,000 guarantee) - January 16 - 12 pm
- $1,675 Main Event Flight B ($1,000,000 guarantee) - January 17 - 12 pm
- $365 no-limit hold’em - January 18 - 4 pm
The full schedule of events as well as all structure sheets are available on Choctaw’s website HERE.
Located about 90 miles north of Dallas, Tex., players traveling to the Choctaw Circuit series are encouraged to book flights in and out of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport or Dallas Love Field Airport. Room rates at the property are subject to availability and start at $79. Reservations can be made online or by calling 888-652-4628 and mentioning code WSOP15.As with each Circuit stop, two players from the Choctaw series earn seats into the WSOP National Championship. The first seat goes to the player who accumulates the most points via in-the-money finishes. That player earns the title Casino Champion along a free berth in the season-ending event. The second seat accompanies the expected six-figure prize set to head to the Main Event champion.More information on the National Championship is available HERE. Other useful links for the Choctaw series:Book your room reservations online by clicking the “Book a Room” link HERE. Online registration is available by clicking the “Event Buy-In” link HERE. A list of activities to keep you busy in the Dallas area is available HERE.