view updates for day:
Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:52 PM Local Time
The World Series of Poker Circuit has made its way to southern Mississippi. Thursday is the beginning of the 12-event series at the IP Casino and Resort. The series will kick off with Event #1: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Double Stack Re-Entry. The first event will feature a huge $200,000 guaranteed prizepool and three starting flights. To sweeten the deal, the opening event is a double stack event. Players will start with 20,000 chips, instead of the standard 10,000 starting chip stack.
Here is the starting flight schedule for Event #1:
- Flight A: Thursday at 11 am
- Flight B: Friday at 11 am
- Flight C: Saturday at 11 am
Event #1 allows players to play in all three flights and re-enter as many times as they would like. Once a player bags chips in a starting flight, they are not allowed to play in another starting flight. Players are allowed to forfeit their chip stack at the end of a flight if they wish to play in a future starting flight.
The field of the three starting flights' survivors will combine Sunday, September 12 at noon for Day 2 of the event.
Here is a quick rundown of Event #1:
- Buy-in: $365
- Players start with 20,000 tournament chips
- Blinds start at 25/50
- Levels 1-12 are 30 minutes long, levels 13-21 are 40 minutes long and all remaining levels are 50 minutes long
- Registration remains open until the start of Level 13 for all three starting flights
- There is a 45 minute dinner break after Level 12
- Day 1 will last until 11% of the field remains
- Day 2 begins Sunday, September 11 at noon
- Global Casino Championship points are awarded to all players earning a cash
- The winner will receive a WSOP Circuit gold ring
As this event progresses, this updates page will include prizepool information, end of the night chip counts and the winner's report.