Do you work in gaming? Then play online with us for your chance to win an entry to the first event of the 2016 World Series of Poker, the $565 World Series of Poker Casino Employee Event on Wednesday, June 1.
Promotional period shall begin at 4pm on May 25, 2016 and end at approximately 11:59pm on May 31, 2016. All times referred to throughout these Rules are Pacific Standard Time. As used herein “Casino” means Caesars Interactive Entertainment (CIE) DBA WSOP.com. All references to the 2016 World Series of Poker Casino Employee Event Satellites shall be referred to as “Tournament” throughout these Rules.
1. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age to participate and Participants must provide valid proof of age acceptable to Casino.
3. All Participants must have a valid and verified WSOP.com real-money account.
4. This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
5. All entries are subject to review and verification.
6. Casino reserves the right to distribute additional entries via advertising, direct mail, or other Promotional means.
7. Participants agree to allow Casino the unconditional use of their name and likeness for Promotions/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
8. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees, as applicable.
9. Winnings may be subject to reporting and withholding pursuant to federal IRS regulations and participants are required to cooperate with Casino in completing necessary forms.
10. Tournament times are approximate and seat assignment is random. Casino reserves the right to change Tournament times due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances.
11. All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules, eligibility, etc. for this Tournament lie solely with Casino whose decisions are final.
12. Casino reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to regulatory approval, if applicable.
13. Casino may disqualify any Participant for any prize or receiving any gift based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of Tournament rules or other misconduct whether or not related to this Tournament or as otherwise reasonable or necessary for Casino to comply with applicable statutes and regulations.
14. Casino may impose penalties upon any person who gives, makes, issues, authorizes or endorses any statement or action having, or designed to have, an effect prejudicial or detrimental to the best interest of the Promotion as determined by Casino, acting in its sole and absolute discretion. This may include, but shall not be limited to, expulsion from the event and/or loss of the right to participate in this or any other promotion/tournament conducted by Casino.
15. Casino is not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Tournament and is not liable for any acts or omissions by employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
16. Casino is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Casino, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a Participant’s ability to participate in the Tournament.
17. If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Casino which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Tournament, Casino reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
18. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Casino reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
19. Prizes and entries are non-transferable.
20. Entries will be retained for record keeping purposes in accordance with local legal requirements.
21. Employees of Casino and its subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies and immediate family members of employees who are: (i) director level or above; and /or, (ii) involved in coordinating or executing Promotions or tournaments and the employees of the advertising agency affiliated with this Tournament are not eligible to participate in this Tournament. Immediate family members are defined as spouse, child or anyone sharing the same residence as the applicable employee.
22. Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities, including through a government program, State Gaming Commission and/or at Casino discretion, or by their own request, are not eligible.
23. By participating in this Tournament, Participants agree to the rules contained herein.
24. A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at WSOP.com throughout the duration of this Tournament.
25. Casino reserves the right to substitute prizes that have or have not been awarded as long as the value is substantially the same as the original prize offered in the event that the original prize becomes unavailable. In no event will Casino be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
26. Unclaimed prizes shall not be awarded.
27. Where a situation arises which is not covered by these Official Promotion Rules, Casino shall have the authority to render a judgment, including the imposition of a penalty, in accordance with the best interests of the Promotion and the maintenance of its integrity and public confidence.
28. Any material participants submit to Casino in connection with participation in this Promotion shall become and remain the property of Casino and will not be returned.
29. Standard rules of poker tournaments apply.
30. All WSOP.com terms and conditions apply and can be found at WSOP.com.
Satellite to WSOP Event #1: The Casino Employee Event
May 25, May 31
31. Tournament can be found in the tournament tab. All pertinent tournament info can be found in-client.
32. These tournaments are restricted to members of the gaming industry. Satellite winners will have to show proof of employment at a recognized and valid gaming or gaming-related organization in order to secure their entry into the live Employee Event at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino.
33. Employees of Caesars Interactive Entertainment are not eligible to play in online satellite tournaments to the live World Series of Poker Employee Event.
34. Employees are not eligible to participate during their scheduled working hour or otherwise while on duty.
35. The first-place winner of each satellite tournament will win a $565 entry to the live World Series of Poker Casino Employees Event at the Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino. Multiple players may win live tournament entries in a single online satellite, based on the overall prize pool.
36. Players who win multiple entries into the live Casino Employees Event tournament will receive one (1) $500 tournament buy-in chips and $65 in WSOP.com Tournament Tickets (TRT), broken down as follows:
a. Six (6), $10 TRT
b. One (1), $5 TRT
37. Buy-in chips must be collected in person. Complete fulfillment information will be sent out prior to the go-live of the WSOP, to the email on file of the player at the time of the win. For up-to-date fulfillment information, please visit: http://www.wsop.com/promotions/road-to-wsop-2016/nv/
38. Players must have a valid, government-issued picture ID and a Total Rewards (TR) card in order to claim their buy-in chips.
39. After claiming their buy-in chips, players are responsible for registering themselves into the tournament(s) they wish to play.
40. WSOP buy-in chips have no cash value and are non-transferrable.
41. WSOP buy-in chips will expire at 12pm on July 8, 2016. Any buy-in chips not used by expiration will be forfeit.
42. Online tournament tickets will be credited to a player’s Nevada WSOP.com account within 72 hours of the end of the tournament series.
43. Online tournament tickets are only valid in Nevada and may not be transferred between a player’s Nevada WSOP.com account and his/her New Jersey WSOP.com account.
44. Online tournament tickets will expire at 11:59pm on July 14, 2017. Any tickets not used by expiration will be forfeit.
TAX DOCUMENTATION PROCEDURES
45. CIE Promotions will retain details of all participants for 60 days after the event. A winners list will be sent to CIE Accounting department, and compared to the above prize matrix. 1099’s will be required for each weekly prize over $600. Documentation will be sent to the CIE Accounting department, and the appropriate tax document will be sent to the winner via secure email. The patron must sign the required tax document and return to the CIE Accounting department prior to the funds and/or prize being released to the patron.
Must be 21 or older to gamble. Must be physically located within the state of Nevada to participate in any Nevada Caesars Interactive promotion or tournament.
Know When to Stop Before You Start® Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. ©2016 Caesars Interactive Entertainment Company, Inc.
NOTE: Reporting for promotions is calculated in GMT timezone. Tournaments are subject to cancellation or changes to player eligibility at any time prior to the beginning of play. If the tournament becomes unavailable or is cancelled, players will be refunded the amount used to enter the tournament. If players are deemed ineligible to participate in the tournament, they will be refunded the amount used to enter the tournament.