Second stop of the 2017-2018 Circuit season opens with two events on Thursday
August 16, 2017 (Mashantucket, CT) - The second World Series of Poker Circuit stop of the 2017-2018 season kicks off Thursday at Foxwoods Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
There are a few highlight events at Foxwoods over the ten days of play, including a $580 multi-flight event with a $500,000 guarantee, a $365 Monster Stack event, and a $3,250 No-Limit High Roller event.
Action kicks off with a $365 no-limit hold'em tournament, but the $580 no-limit hold'em re-entry event also begins on Thursday. The multi-flight event features four starting flights over three days, and has a $500,000 guaranteed prizepool. Re-entry events have historically been extremely popular. They feature unlimited re-entry though each flight's registration person. Last year at Foxwoods it was well known Foxwoods player Soheb Porbandarwala that took home the gold ring, after managing to turn his $580 buy-in into $124,456. Porbandarwala navigated a field of 1,443 people to take home the title, and his first World Series of Poker gold ring.
At the upcoming Circuit stop at Foxwoods, there are 12 ring events scheduled over the 12 total days of play. The only non-no-limit hold’em event on the schedule starts on Tuesday August 22nd, and is a $365 Omaha 8 or Better tournament.
Tied with the re-entry event for the biggest guaranteed prizepool of the series is the $1,675 no-limit hold’em main event, which has a $500,000 guarantee. There are two starting flights of the main event. The first is on Friday, August 25 at 12 p.m. and the second is on Saturday, August 26 at 12 p.m. Players are allowed one re-entry per flight, giving them up to four bullets to fire on the first Main Event of the Circuit season.
The player who accrues the most points over the nearly two weeks of poker will earn the title of Casino Champion for the stop. As always, the winner of the main event and the Casino Champion will earn a free seat into next year’s Global Casino Championship.
Here is a look at the full schedule of ring events at the second stop at Foxwoods Casino:
- Event #1: $365 No-Limit Hold’em – 1 Re-Entry (Thursday, August 17, 11 a.m.)
- Event #2A: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry (Thursday, August 17, 5 p.m.)
- Event #2B: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry (Friday, August 18, 11 a.m.)
- Event #2C: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry (Friday, August 18, 5 p.m.)
- Event #2D: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry (Saturday, August 19, 11 a.m.)
- Event #3: $365 No-Limit Hold’em – Turbo, 1 Re-Entry (Saturday, August 19, 4 p.m.)
- Event #4: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Six-Max – 1 Re-Entry (Sunday, August 20, 12 p.m.)
- Event #5: $365 No-Limit Hold’em Monster Stack – 1 Re-Entry (Monday, August 21, 11 a.m.)
- Event #6: $580 No-Limit Hold’em – 1 re-entry (Tuesday, August 22, 11 a.m.)
- Event #7: $365 Omaha 8 or Better – 1 Re-Entry (Tuesday, August 22, 2 p.m.)
- Event #8: $365 No-Limit Hold’em – 1 Re-Entry (Wednesday, August 23, 11 a.m.)
- Event #9: $365 No-Limit Hold’em – Unlimited Re-Entry (Thursday, August 24, 11 a.m.)
- Event #10A: $1,675 No-Limit Hold’em MAIN EVENT – 1 Re-Entry (Friday, August 25, 12 p.m.)
- Event #10B: $1,675 No-Limit Hold’em MAIN EVENT – 1 Re-Entry (Saturday, August 26, 12 p.m.)
- Event #11: $3,250 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller – 1 Re-Entry (Sunday, August 27, 5 p.m.)
- Event #12: $365 No-Limit Hold’em – 1 Re-Entry (Monday, August 28, 11 a.m.)
Click here for a complete schedule.
Notable other tournaments set to take place include the $250 Seniors Events on Wednesday August 23rd, and the $250 Ladies No-Limit Hold’em event on Friday August 25th. For the seniors event, players must be at least 50 years-old to participate. The Ladies event is a one-day event that starts at 1pm on Friday August 25th. Both tournaments have unlimited re-entry