GUARANTEED PRIZE POOL
WINNER TO WALK AWAY WITH
Thursday, June 2, 2016
- 10 AM (Flight A); 4PM (Flight B)
Friday, June 3, 2016
- 10 AM (Flight C); 4PM (Flight D)
Saturday, June 4, 2016
- 10 AM (Flight E); 4PM (Flight F)
The first open event of the 2016 schedule will feature the return of the world's largest live poker event, which has been revamped to make it bigger and
better in 2016.
will be a $565 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em tournament with two starting flights each day (10am & 4pm) on Thursday, June 2, Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4. The format will include re-entry, allowing players to enter the other
starting flights if they fail to advance initially. You may only register for one flight in advance.
will feature an additional $2,000,000 in guaranteed prize pool (thus at $7 million total prize pool guarantee, up from $5 million) and two additional entry
flights - now over three starting days.
Also of note is a guaranteed $1,000,000 first place prize.
To vastly improve the bottlenecks from 2015, Colossus II will use the format successfully introduced at WSOP Europe's Oktoberfest event where each
starting flight plays into the money. This will not only ease congestion observed last year, but also allow a player to potentially cash multiple times in
the event if they choose to enter more than one flight. (To see specifics on payouts, see section below "Payout Details"
- Structure Sheet: https://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1232_14902.pdf
- Players start with 5,000 in tournament chips with blinds at 25/50.
- Players may register for only one flight at once. If eliminated, may choose to re-enter another flight.
- Day 1: all flights will play 18, 30-minute levels which equates to 9 hours of playing time.
- Day 2 and beyond will play 10, 60-minute levels - Event expected to conclude Tuesday, June 7
- 10 am flights are estimated to end at 8:20 pm.
- 10 am flights have late registration through Level 6 which is 1:20 pm.
- By paying out 15% of field, players will reach the money on Day 1
- 4 pm flights are estimated to end at 2:20 am
- 4 pm flights have late registration through Level 6 which is 7:20 pm.
- Players are required to have a Caesars Rewards card to play. Sign up for one in advance or do so on site at any Caesars Entertainment property. Go here
to sign up: https://www.caesars.com/Program/
- Day 2 of the tournament will be on Sunday, June 5. Time is 2pm, where all fields combine and continue.
- Day 3 of the tournament will begin on Monday, June 6 at 2:00 pm in the Amazon Room.
- For remaining players, Day 4 will begin at 2:00 pm on Tuesday, June 7 where a winner should be crowned.
- Players may forfeit their current chip stack at the end of a flight prior to bagging if they so choose, for the opportunity to re-enter another flight.
But once that decision has been made, there is no rescinding.
- Players may not enter another flight once they have survived a flight with chips and haven't forfeited them.
- We encourage everyone to choose their preferred flight and make plans to register in advance.
- Play will begin on time as scheduled. Plan for lines and delays if you choose to register the day of the event.
- We will not be able to push back start times to accommodate line delays.
- Register in person at the Rio Main Casino Cage beginning April 1.
- Beginning May 31 at 9 am, the WSOP Cage in the Rio Convention Center will open and remain open 24 hours a day, where you can register and
receive your seat assignment for this event.
- Best time to register for this event is between 8 pm and 8 am. Busiest times are between 9 am and 8 pm.
- Reminder, one registration per flight and you can only register for one flight in advance. If player is eliminated during flight, he/she may return to
registration and sign up for another available flight.
- Seats are non-transferable. Only player with name on seat card may enter the event.
This year, the Colossus will use a new payout system which will see each starting flight play into the money. For each flight, a separate payout table will
be produced based on the number of entries in that flight. (Example: 1,000 players enter Flight B, thus 150 players will reach the money). After the bubble
bursts, players who are eliminated will be paid based on that payout table. When the flight is complete, all remaining money in the prizepool will be added
to the Day 2 prize pool. On Day 2, a new payout table will be calculated based using the money not yet paid out, and based on the total number of entries.
For more specific details on payouts, review details HERE. This adjustment will help reduce congestion at the payout desk and make the bubble process easier for all.
Seating/Capacity Flow & Plans
- If you have a seat assignment for a flight, you are encouraged to begin your flight at its scheduled start time.
- Players will start with 5,000 in chips when they are seated to begin play.
- Chips will not be put in play until player checks in to assigned table.
- Players in 10am flights must be seated by 12:00 noon (end of Level 4). After 12:00, players will have their seat voided if they haven't shown. Seat is
subject to sale to other players, with original player only eligible for other flights.
- Players in 4 pm flights must be in their seat by 6:00 pm. After 6:00, players will have their seat voided if they haven't shown. Seat is subject to
sale to other players, with original player only eligible for other flights.
- We expect to begin play 10-handed in order to accommodate the large fields anticipated. Play will break down to 9-handed as soon as possible and the
remainder of play is intended as 9-handed poker.
- The 10 am flights are able to seat approximately 4,600 entries at the start of play.
- The 4 pm flights are expected to be able to seat approximately 4,000 entries at the start of play.
- Players will be assigned seats on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the flight's initial capacity has been reached, registration for that starting
flight closes. We will then sell seats as Late Wave Seating where players enter with 5,000 in chips, but must enter at the Level/time the
event is at when seating becomes available.
- Players can choose to enter a Late Wave Seating or register for another starting flight if seating is available.
- The tournament is expected to be completed on Tuesday, June 7. Depending on the final number of entries, the tournament may extend until
- The final table will be live streamed on www.WSOP.com/live.
We do not have unlimited capacity and expect some if not all flights to fill to our limits
- Qualify online for Colossus II in our online satellites.