12/10/18 01:03:01 AM PDT (about 9 hours and 51 minutes ago)
Day 1A Chip Leader Nick Phoenix
The excitement continues on Monday at noon for the final flight of the $1,700 World Series of Poker Circuit Main Event at the Bicycle Casino. The Day 1B flight will be chasing Nick Phoenix, who bagged the Day 1A chip lead with 343,000 in chips.
A total of 224 slips were sold for Day 1A, with just 43 runners moving on to Day 2. A few of the runners moving on with stacks on the bigger end of things include Craig Varnell (335,000), Shane Raikes (288,000), Matt Schultz (284,500), and Dipak Bhakta (270,000) rounding out the top five.
Many well-known players from the first flight booked a ticket into the final day and some of those to do so include Dann Turner (221,000), Le Tuan (171,000), Scott Stewart (146,000), Matthew Lambrecht (142,000), and Ian Steinman (136,000).
Cards get in the air at noon and here are some of the details:
- Players start with 30,000 in tournament chips
- Blinds start at 50/100
- Day 1 is scheduled for 10, 40-minute levels
- There are 15-minute breaks after every three levels of play. There is a 60-minute dinner break at the end of level 9
- Registration is open until the start of level 13 (~9:45 p.m.)
- While registration is open, they are allowed a single re-entry into the flight. With two starting flights, players can fire up to four bullets at the event
- Players that survive Day 1B will return on Tuesday for Day 2
Cards will be in the air in just a few hours so make sure you stay tuned in to WSOP.com to keep up with all the action from throughout the day.