Real Money | Withdrawal Policy
As part of our commitment to provide truly superior service, WSOP.com will make every effort necessary to ensure that withdrawal requests are processed quickly and efficiently. WSOP.com utilizes the most advanced security and encryption technologies available to ensure that transactions and financial information are kept secure.
The withdrawal policy dictates that a player is required to verify his payment method before a withdrawal can be made from his account. This validation process prevents potential online fraud and ensures that funds are returned to the player's personal account.
Upon entering the withdrawal amount in the cashier, the player will be required to authenticate his user name and verify that he is the account holder. This requires the entry of the player's WSOP.com user name, password, and unique token number that was sent to the player's email address. When this process is successfully completed, a confirmation message with a withdrawal reference number will be sent.
At WSOP.com, the method(s) by which a player's withdrawal is paid is dependent upon the deposit payment method(s) used by the player in the past, and the amount of those deposit(s). WSOP.com player withdrawal requests will be automatically paid directly to the verified payment method(s) by which a player submitted his original deposit(s) to his WSOP.com account, up to the player transaction balance (the player transaction balance is defined as "any total sum a player has deposited to his WSOP.com account via a bank transfer (ACH), less previous withdrawals and/or refunds to this same payment method").
Thereafter, a player may choose the payment method(s) by which he receives his remaining withdrawal balance, if available:
- Bank transfer (ACH), or
An example of how this may work in practice is as follows. Assume deposits are made in the following manner:
- $100 using a bank transfer from bank account X
- $50 using a bank transfer from bank account Y
- $200 using a bank transfer from bank account Z
The player then requests to withdraw $600 using a bank transfer. The funds will be paid out in the following manner:
- $100 to account X
- $50 to account Y
- $200 to account Z
- Remaining funds ($250) to the account the player specifies
Please note the following important withdrawal information:
- Withdrawals requested within 24-48 hours of the time the deposit was made, via the same payment method, may be combined as one payment.
- In most cases, withdrawal payment credits will be posted as separate transactions and will not cancel charges resulting from previous deposit(s) to a WSOP.com account.
- If a player has not actively used the chosen payment method to deposit to his account for more than 12 months, that specific withdrawal option may no longer be available.
- If a withdrawal request is for less than the minimum allowable amount, as per below, the funds will be returned to the player's bankroll:
- The minimum bank transfer (ACH) withdrawal amount is $10;
- The minimum check withdrawal amount is $50.
- Check withdrawals will be delivered via the United States Postal Service.
- Player authorization and/or some documentation will be required to process the withdrawal request, and WSOP.com may ask that the player sign a list of all previous deposits to WSOP.com accounts.
- Payment method verification must be completed within 14 days or the withdrawal will be reversed and the funds returned to the player's bankroll.
- WSOP.com reserves the right to delay and/or discontinue the processing of withdrawal requests until final approval has been received for any outstanding deposit transactions.
- Bonuses may be withdrawn only after all relevant bonus and promotion policy requirements have been met. For more information on the WSOP.com bonus policy please click here.
- There are no fees charged for any withdrawal services; however, the player's bank or payment processor may levy a fee to process the withdrawal.
In some cases, depending on the payment method used to fund the account, the player may be asked for one or more of the below documents, or additional documents not included in the list below, in order to process the withdrawal. WSOP.com reserves the right to request that all documents be certified and/or notarized should it be deemed necessary to prove the legitimacy of the submitted documents.
- Credit/debit cards: A copy of the front and back of the credit/debit card(s) used to fund the account. Ensure that all details are clearly legible to enable prompt and accurate verification. For security purposes, block out the middle eight numbers on the front of the card copy and the three-digit security code on the back of the card copy.
- Proof of bank account number (ACH): A copy of a bank statement with name and account number clearly visible.
- Proof of address: A recent document showing the player's full name and address as registered on his WSOP.com account. This may be submitted in the form of a utility bill or a credit card statement. If the document provided is a credit card statement, please block out the eight middle numbers of the credit card.
- Photo ID: A copy of a valid government issued passport, driver's license, or state non-driver ID card. Ensure that the name, photograph, and signature are clearly visible on the document.
For assistance with withdrawing funds, or with any other online gaming needs, please click here to contact us.
See you at the tables!
[Last updated on May 2, 2013]