The final 12 ring events of the season run from Thursday, May 10 through Monday, May 21
New Orleans, La. (May 8, 2018) - The final stop of the 2017-2018 World Series of Poker Circuit season gets underway on Thursday at Harrah's New Orleans. The 12-day series is the final stop for players to earn points and qualify for the 2018 Global Casino Championship.
Anybody who won a Casino Champion title or a main event ring at any previous stops is already qualified for the event, but this will be the last stop for grinders to earn points to qualify by finishing in the top 50 of the season-long leaderboard. As always, the winner of Harrah's New Orleans main event and Casino Championship will also earn an automatic seat into the GCC.
The action starts on Thursday with a flight of the $365 no-limit hold'em re-entry event at 11 a.m. There are four flights of this event with two more on Friday at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. and a final flight on Saturday before they combine and play down to a winner on Sunday. The first event of the series carries a $200,000 guaranteed prizepool.
The second event of the series does kick off until Sunday, when a $580 no-limit hold'em gets underway at 3 p.m. From there, it's full steam ahead towards the $2,200 no-limit hold'em high roller on Thursday and the kickoff of the Circuit's staple event, a $1,675 no-limit hold'em main event.
Last year, there were 758 entries in the final main event of the season, which resulted in a prizepool of $1,137,000. Jason Baldridge emerged victorious, winning the tournament for $227,412 and securing a free seat into last year's GCC.This year, there is a $750,000 guarantee on the prizepool.
Aside from the high roller and the main event, all of the buy-ins are either $365 or $580. They include a $365 pot-limit Omaha re-entry event on Monday, May 14, a $365 no-limit hold'em six-max re-entry on Tuesday, May 15 and a $365 no-limit hold'em monster stack event with a $100,000 guarantee on the prizepool.
Here is a look at the full schedule for this year's ring events:
- Event #1A: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Thursday, May 10, 11 a.m.)
- Event #1B: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Friday, May 11, 11 a.m.)
- Event #1C: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Friday, May 11, 4 p.m.)
- Event #1D: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Saturday, May 12, 11 a.m.)
- Event #2: $580 No-Limit Hold'em (Sunday, May 13, 3 p.m.)
- Event #3: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Monday, May 14, 11 a.m.)
- Event #4: $365 Pot-Limit Omaha Re-Entry (Monday, May 14, 4 p.m.)
- Event #5: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Six-Max Re-Entry (Tuesday, May 15, 11 a.m.)
- Event #6: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Monster Stack Re-Entry (Wednesday, May 16, 11 a.m.)
- Event #7: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Single Re-Entry (Thursday, May 17, 11 a.m.)
- Event #8: $2,200 No-Limit Hold'em High Roller Re-Entry (Thursday, May 17, 3 p.m.)
- Event #9A: $1,675 No-Limit Hold'em MAIN EVENT (Friday, May 18, 11 a.m.)
- Event #9B: $,1675 No-Limit Hold'em MAIN EVENT (Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m.)
- Event #10: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (1-Day Event) (Friday, May 18, 4 p.m.)
- Event #11: $365 No-Limit Hold'em Single Re-Entry (1-Day Event) (Saturday, May 19, 4 p.m.)
- Event #12: $365 Double Stack No-Limit Hold'em Re-Entry (Sunday, May 20, 2 p.m.)
Complete Schedule for 2018 Harrah's New Orleans Series
Notable non-ring events set to take place in New Orleans include a $250 ladies no-limit hold'em on May 13 at 2 p.m. and two $250 seniors no-limit hold'em on May 13 at 10 a.m. and May 20 at 10 a.m. Players over the age of 50 qualify to enter the seniors event.
Players at Harrah's New Orleans Circuit stop enjoy a special room rate if they use the code "WSP" when making their reservations. More information can be found on the Harrah's New Orleans website.