Second stop of the 2018-2019 Circuit season opens with two events on Thursday
August 14, 2017 (Mashantucket, CT) - The second World Series of Poker Circuit stop of the 2018-2019 season kicks off Thursday at Foxwoods Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
There are a few highlight
events at Foxwoods over the twelve days of play, including a $600
multi-flight event with a $500,000 guarantee, a $400 Monster Stack
event, and a $3,250 No-Limit High Roller event.
Action kicks off with a $400 no-limit hold'em tournament, but the $600 no-limit hold'em
re-entry event also begins on Thursday. The multi-flight event features
four starting flights over three days, and has a $500,000
guaranteed prizepool. Last year at Foxwoods it was Panja Lymswam who took home the gold ring, after turning his $580 buy-in into $119,949. Lymswam navigated a field of 1,035 people to take home the title, and his first
World Series of Poker gold ring.
At the upcoming Circuit
stop at Foxwoods, there are 13 ring events scheduled over the 12 total
days of play. The only non-no-limit hold’em event on the schedule starts
on Wednesday August 22nd, and is a $400 Pot-Limit Omaha tournament. All events at the Foxwoods stop feature unlimited re-entry through the end of registration, with the exception of the Main Event, where only one re-entry is allowed per flight.
Tied with the re-entry
event for the biggest guaranteed prizepool of the series is the $1,700
no-limit hold’em main event, which also boasts a $500,000 guarantee. There are
two starting flights of the main event. Flight A begins Friday, August
24 at 12 p.m. and the second flight begins Saturday, August 25 at 12 p.m.
Players are allowed one re-entry per flight, giving them up to four
bullets to fire into the Main Event of the Circuit season.
The player who accrues
the most points over the nearly two weeks of poker will earn the title
of Casino Champion for the stop. As always, the winner of the main event
and the winner of Casino Champion will earn free seats into next year’s GlobalCasino Championship.
Here is a look at the full schedule of ring events during the Foxwoods Casino series:
- Event #1: $400 No-Limit Hold’em – Unlimited Re-Entry (Thursday, August 16, 11 a.m.) - 2 Day Event
- Event #2A: $600 No-Limit Hold’em Multi-Flight (Thursday, August 16, 5 p.m.) - 4 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #2B: $600 No-Limit Hold’em Multi-Flight (Friday, August 17, 11 a.m.) - 4 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #2C: $600 No-Limit Hold’em Multi-Flight (Friday, August 17, 5 p.m.) - 4 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #2D: $600 No-Limit Hold’em Multi-Flight (Saturday, August 18, 11 a.m.) - 4 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #3: $250 No-Limit Hold’em Turbo (Sat. August 18, 5 p.m.) - 1 Day Event - $25k Guarantee
- Event #4: $400 No-Limit Hold’em Semi-Turbo – (Sun. August 19, 1 p.m.) - 1 Day Event - $30k Guarantee
- Event #5: $400 No-Limit Hold’em Monster Stack – (Mon. August 20, 11 a.m.) - 2 Day Event - $80k Guarantee
- Event #6: $600 No-Limit Hold’em – Unlimited Re-Entry (Tuesday, August 21, 2 p.m.) - 2 Day Event
- Event #7: $400 No-Limit Holdem – (Wednesday August 22, 11 a.m.) - 2 Day Event - $30k Guarantee
- Event #8: $400 Pot-Limit Omaha – (Wednesday, August 22, 2 p.m.) - 2 Day Event
- Event #9: $600 No-Limit Hold’em Six Max – (Thursday, August 23, 11 a.m.) - 2 Day Event - $50k Guarantee
- Event #10A: $1,700 No-Limit Hold’em MAIN EVENT – 1 Re-Entry per flight (Friday, August 24, 12 p.m.) - 3 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #10B: $1,700 No-Limit Hold’em MAIN EVENT – 1 Re-Entry per flight (Saturday, August 25, 12 p.m.) - 3 Day Event - $500k Guarantee
- Event #11: $250 No-Limit Hold’em Turbo – (Saturday, August 25, 5 p.m.) - 1 Day Event - $25k Guarantee
- Event #12: $3,250 No-Limit Hold’em High Roller – (Sunday, August 26, 5 p.m.) - 2 Day Event
- Event #13: $400 No-Limit Hold'em Double Stack – (Monday, August 27, 11 a.m.) - 1 Day Event - $30k Guarantee
Click here for a complete schedule.
Other notable tournaments
set to take place include the $250 Seniors Events on Tuesday August
21st, and the $250 Ladies No-Limit Hold’em event on Friday August 24th.
For the seniors event, players must be at least 50 years-old to
participate. Both tournaments have unlimited re-entry, and both are one day events.