LAS VEGAS, May 7, 2012 – For the first time ever, all World Series of Poker (WSOP) tournament entrants will receive reward credits for playing in gold bracelet events, daily Deepstack tournaments and Mega-Satellites this summer at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino. Following the conclusion of the WSOP, poker players will receive similar credits for tournament play during the 2012-13 WSOP Circuit tour in any of the Caesars Entertainment venues.
"Caesars Entertainment is renewing our commitment to poker players,” said Ty Stewart, the World Series of Poker executive director. “We are thrilled the WSOP will help launch a company initiative to allow poker players to better unlock the power of the industry’s best loyalty program. With nearly 40 properties worldwide and the number one tournament series in the world, we hope to give more players more opportunities to earn, and redeem for whatever is important to them.”
This summer in lieu of a food voucher, players will now have Reward Credits added to their TR card, which can be used system-wide in all Total Rewards properties to unlock newly expanded and wide-ranging benefits, including:
Additionally, dining at any Caesars Entertainment-owned restaurant will reward TR members with special TR Menu Pricing, allowing players to receive discounted pricing on meals regardless of their tier.
Players also will be able to accrue Reward Credits to reach milestones faster by using their Total Rewards card for the various purchases they make at Total Rewards casinos and resorts, including:
- Tournament entry fees (for both WSOP and WSOP Circuit Events at Caesars-owned properties)
- Dining (including the Poker Kitchen at the WSOP)
- Hotel Accommodations
- Gift Cards purchased online for use in the TR Marketplace (More than 80 participating retailers and growing including Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Footlocker, Gap, Nike and Lowe’s)
- Dining – Earn 1 Reward Credit for every $1 spent at any participating restaurants
- Hotel – Earn 1 Reward Credit for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations
- Leisure Experiences – Earn 1 Reward Credit for every $1 spent on leisure activities at participating outlets for activities including golf, spa and shopping.
- Shopping – Earn 1 Reward Credit for every $1 spent at any of the hundreds of retailers in the TR Marketplace. Partners include the Starbucks Store, The Apple Store, Best Buy and Target.
- Gaming – Earnings vary based on play of slot machines, video poker machines, table games and poker.
Tournament Reward Credits during the World Series of Poker will be credited based on a buy-in’s entry fees. For the $10,000 buy-in WSOP Main Event for example, players will receive 3000 Reward Credits.
Additionally, players will start earning Tier Credits for their loyalty, meaning the more you play, the more you can unlock additional benefits. Total Rewards features four distinct levels: Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars.
The World Series of Poker will continue the program of awarding all WSOP gold bracelet winners with Diamond status on their TR card for the year following their victory. Diamond status provides players with a series of benefits including access to Diamond Lounges around the country, and priority service at participating restaurants, clubs, and hotel front desks. Bracelet holders will also receive access to a VIP registration line for all World Series of Poker events.
As has been the case since the WSOP moved to the Rio, players are required to have a Total Rewards card to participate in WSOP events. Membership to Total Rewards is free and open to anyone over the age of 21.
Unfortunately, any WSOP-branded event held outside the Total Rewards network of casinos, will not be eligible for Reward Credits based on tournament participation.
On March 1, the Total Rewards program announced exciting new enhancements to the program which adds even more value for being a member.
We encourage all our customers to visit the Total Rewards website at www.TotalRewards.com to fully understand the program and participate in the Escape to Total Rewards promotion with more than 90,000 prizes being given away to members.