NO-LIMIT HOLD’EM $8 MILLION GUARANTEED PRIZE POOL
WINNER TO WALK AWAY WITH
Friday, June 2, 2017 – 10 AM (Flight A); 4PM (Flight B)
Saturday, June 3, 2017 – 10 AM (Flight C); 4PM (Flight D)
Sunday, June 4, 2017 – 10 AM (Flight E); 4PM (Flight F)
is a $565 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em tournament with two starting flights
each day (10am & 4pm) on Friday, June 2, Saturday, June 3 and Sunday, June 4. The format will include re-entry,
allowing players to enter if they fail to advance initially. You may only
register for one flight in advance. It is single re-entry per flight, so if
you are eliminated before the open
registration period has ended, you may re-enter that same flight,
or any of the remaining available flights.
will feature an additional $1,000,000 in guaranteed prize pool (thus at $8
million total prize pool guarantee).
The guaranteed $1,000,000 first place prize returns in 2017 as well.
The format successfully introduced last year for this event where each
starting flight plays into the money returns. This will not only ease
congestion, but also allow a player to potentially cash multiple times in
the event if they choose to enter more than one flight. (To see specifics
on payouts, see section below "Payout
- Structure Sheet:
- Players start with 5,000 in tournament chips with blinds at 25/50.
- Players may register for only one flight at once. If eliminated, may
choose to re-enter.
- Day 1: all flights will play 18, 30-minute levels which equates to 9
hours of playing time.
- Day 2 and beyond will play 10, 60-minute levels - Event expected to
conclude Wednesday, June 7
- 10 am flights are estimated to end at 8:20 pm.
- 10 am flights have late registration through Level 6 which is 1:20 pm.
- By paying out 15% of field, players will reach the money on
- 4 pm flights are estimated to end at 2:20 am
- 4 pm flights have late registration through Level 6 which is 7:20 pm.
- Players are required to have a Total Rewards card to play. Sign up for
one in advance or do so on-site at any Caesars Entertainment property.
Go here to sign up:
- Day 2 of the tournament will be on Monday, June 5. Time is 2pm,
where all fields combine and continue.
- Day 3 of the tournament will begin on Tuesday, June 6 at 2:00 pm
in the Amazon Room.
- Players may forfeit their current chip stack at the end of a flight
prior to bagging if they so choose, for the opportunity to re-enter
another flight. But once that decision has been made, there is no
may not enter another flight once they have survived a flight with
chips and haven't forfeited them
- We encourage everyone to choose their preferred flight and make plans
to register in advance.
- Play will begin on time as scheduled. Plan for lines and delays if you
choose to register the day of the event.
- We will not be able to push back start times to accommodate line
- Register in person at the Rio Main Casino Cage beginning March 1
- Beginning May 30 at 9 am, the WSOP Cage in the Rio Convention
Center will open and remain open 24 hours a day, where you can register
and receive your seat assignment for this event.
- Best time to register for this event is between 8 pm and 8 am. Busiest
times are between 9 am and 8 pm.
- Reminder, you can only register for one flight in advance. If player is
eliminated during flight, he/she may return to registration and sign up
for that same flight if available, or another available flight.
- Seats are non-transferable. Only player with name on seat card may
enter the event.
The Colossus will use the unique payout system which will see each starting
flight play into the money. For each flight, a separate payout table will
be produced based on the number of entries in that flight. (Example: 1,000
players enter Flight B, thus 150 players will reach the money). After the
bubble bursts, players who are eliminated will be paid based on that payout
table. When the flight is complete, all remaining money in the prizepool
will be added to the Day 2 prize pool. On Day 2, a new payout table will be
calculated based using the money not yet paid out, and based on the total
number of entries. For more specific details on payouts, review details HERE. This adjustment
will help reduce congestion at the payout desk and make the bubble process
easier for all.
Seating/Capacity Flow & Plans
- If you have a seat assignment for a flight, you are encouraged to begin
your flight at its scheduled start time.
- Players will start with 5,000 in chips when they are seated to begin
- Chips will not be put in play until player checks in to assigned table.
- Players in 10am flights must be seated by 12:00 noon (end of Level 4).
After 12:00, players will have their seat voided if they haven't shown.
Seat is subject to sale to other players, with original player only
eligible for other flights.
- Players in 4 pm flights must be in their seat by 6:00 pm. After 6:00,
players will have their seat voided if they haven't shown. Seat is
subject to sale to other players, with original player only eligible
for other flights.
- We expect to begin play 10-handed in order to accommodate the large
fields anticipated. Play will break down to 9-handed as soon as
possible and the remainder of play is intended as 9-handed poker.
- The 10 am flights are able to seat approximately 4,800 entries at the
start of play.
- The 4 pm flights are expected to be able to seat approximately 4,200
entries at the start of play.
- Players will be assigned seats on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once
the flight's initial capacity has been reached, registration for that
starting flight closes. We will then sell seats as Late Registration or Re-Entry, where players enter with 5,000
in chips, but must enter at the Level/time the event is at when seating
- Players can choose to enter as Late Registrant or Re-Enter or register for another starting flight if
seating is available.
- The tournament is expected to be completed on Tuesday, June 7.
Depending on the final number of entries, the tournament may extend
We do not have unlimited capacity and expect some if not all
flights to fill to our limits